Class Rock Star Terms of Service
We may also share your personal information with:
- Charitable foundations and organizations for the purpose of facilitating our scholarship and charitable donation programs.
- Service providers under contract that provide us with authentication and registration services (for example, registration, payment processing, authentication, and background screening for registered sex offenders where applicable).
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as marketing, online games, contests, micropayments, investigation of unlawful activities, and affiliate and rewards programs).
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials relating to alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, user name history, IP address, complaints, postings and other content. Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement or other government officials without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
- Other business entities, should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity. (Should such a combination occur, we will require that the new combined entity follow this Policy with respect to your personal information. If your personal information will be used contrary to this Policy, you will receive prior notice.)
Should you (or your child) post personal information on Class Rock Star bulletin boards, online games, in chat sessions or as part of your Class Rock Star profile or avatar, including, for example, your name, email address, phone number, school, hobbies and interests, or photographs, this information will be viewable by other members of the Class Rock Star community. You should always take precaution in disclosing information that is personally identifiable.
How We Notify and Obtain Consent From Parents For the Collection of Personally Identifiable Information About Their Children Under the Age of 13
Immediately after Clear Cypher and/or its agent receives the parent's information and consent, Clear Cypher, through the verification company, will confirm that parent's information and identification through its proprietary screening process utilizing multiple databases. As part of this process, Clear Cypher intends to verify: (i) that the parent is a real person; and (ii) that the parent is not a registered sex offender where applicable. The parental consent will authorize the collection, use, and disclosure, as applicable, pursuant to the terms of this Policy, of personal information and the subsequent use of that information before that information is ever collected from a child. To be considered "verifiable" parental consent under COPPA, Clear Cypher will require that the parent provide their consent employing one or any combination of the following methods:
- Provide their credit card information in connection with payment for their child's subscription to Clear Cypher services;
- Call the toll-free telephone number provided in the initial authorization email, staffed by trained Clear Cypher personnel; or
- Provide consent via email, so long as the email contains a valid digital signature and the parent's phone or fax number or mailing address in the reply email, so that Clear Cypher can follow up to confirm consent via telephone, fax, or postal mail.
How Parents Can Access, Change or Delete Personally Identifiable Information About Their Child Under the Age of 13
- At any time, parents can refuse to permit us to collect additional personal information from their child under the age of 13 and also may request that we delete any personal information we have collected. There are two ways that a parent may access, change or delete their child's personally identifiable information that has been collected by Clear Cypher:
- The parent may access, change or delete his or her child's personal information by logging on to the parent's Class Rock Star account at the Class Rock Star home page located at Classrockstar.com. If you do not remember your user name and password, there are instructions allowing the parent to obtain this information; or
- The parent may contact our customer service at CustomerService@Classrockstar.com, and notify us that they are requesting certain personal information provided by their child be changed or deleted.
Please be advised that by refusing to permit us to collect personal information about your child or requesting the deletion of your child's profile from our database, you will be unsubscribing your child from Class Rock Star Services.
Operator That Collects and/or Maintains Personal Information About Children Under the Age of 13 Clear Cypher will be the only operator that will collect, maintain, use and/or disclose information about your child, pursuant to the terms of this Policy. Clear Cypher may be contacted at the address and phone number provided under the section entitled, "Contact Us" set forth below. Any information collected by the verification company will relate solely to the registration process.
We may employ other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include processing micropayments, sending direct and electronic mail, removing duplicate information from customer lists, analyzing data, and providing marketing analysis. These agents may have access to member personal information as needed to perform their functions for Clear Cypher, but we do not permit them to use it for other purposes.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous.
Third-Party Ad Servers
Most advertisements you see on the Site are served to your web browser by Clear Cypher. However, Clear Cypher allows other companies, called ad networks, to serve advertisements within the Site or through Class Rock Star Services. Ad networks include third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms. We only authorize our third-party ad networks to employ anonymous cookies for ad delivery and anonymous targeting. Our third-party ad servers do not collect, nor do we give them access, to any personally identifying information about you.
Clear Cypher may also include a file, called a web beacon, from these ad networks within pages served by Clear Cypher to assist with auditing, research and reporting for advertisers.
Because your web browser must request these advertisements and web beacons from the ad network's servers, these companies can view, edit or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site. If you want to prevent a third-party ad server from sending and reading cookies on your computer, currently you must visit each ad network's web site individually and opt out (if they offer this capability). Please contact us if you would like additional information regarding the specific third-party ad networks used on the Site.
Clear Cypher takes every reasonable precaution to protect our users' information. When you submit sensitive information via our service, your information is protected both online and off-line. We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you. However, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and Clear Cypher will not be intercepted by others and that information stored on our servers will be free from unauthorized access. While we have taken reasonable precautions to protect this information, you should always use discretion in what information you send to us and not expect that such information will be absolutely free from intrusion. In particular, you should be aware that information you may post on Class Rock Star bulletin boards, chat sessions, online games, or as part of your Class Rock Star profile or avatar, will be viewable by other Class Rock Star Members. If you have any questions about the security of our service, please contact us.
We periodically prepare analyses and reports reflecting visitor and member use of the Site and Class Rock Star Services for our internal use as well as for a limited number of our business partners. These reports include aggregate (non-personal) information about Class Rock Star members, and in certain instances, visitors to the Site. The information in these reports will not identify you individually. Our business partners who have access to these reports will not be able to contact you from the information contained in the reports.
Rewards Program; Sweepstakes and Contests
As part of Class Rock Star Services, we may offer "Class Rock Star points" in connection with a rewards program that rewards members' active participation in Class Rock Star Services, including postings of video and other content. As such, we will track members' postings and other Class Rock Star activities as part of the rewards program. We may also conduct sweepstakes and contests on the Site in which we may ask you for additional information. We use and treat this information in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
Access and Control of Personal Information
If you are a registered user of our Class Rock Star Services, you may view, correct, and delete your personal information, or remove your profile from view by others on the Site, simply by logging into your account (or the parent account for Members under the age of 13) and editing your profile, or by contacting our customer support. To have all of your personally identifiable information removed from view by others on the Site, send an e-mail request to CustomerService@class rockstar.com. All user information, included that which is deleted, will be maintained in Clear Cypher's database solely for its internal use in ensuring the safety of the Class Rock Star community and for disclosure to law enforcement, if necessary. Generally, you should be careful when making any personal information available to the public.
California Privacy Rights
Beginning on January 1, 2005, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to CustomerService@ClearCypher.com or mail us at the below address. Please note that Clear Cypher does not intend to allow third parties to direct market to our Members.
PRIVO-Cert™ Safe Harbor Certification Program
Clear Cypher is a Member of the PRIVO's PRIVO-Cert™ Safe Harbor Certification Program ("the Program"). As a participating member in the Program, Clear Cypher adheres to the strict information collection, use and disclosure requirements set forth by the Program. PRIVO is an independent, third-party organization committed to safeguarding children's personal information collected online. PRIVO aims to help parents and their children exercise control over personal information while exploring the Internet. The PRIVO certification seal posted on this page indicates that Clear Cypher has established COPPA compliant privacy practices and has agreed to submit to PRIVO's oversight and consumer dispute resolution process. If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us at (781) 964 8881 or privacy@Classrockstar.com. If you have further concerns after you have contacted us, you can contact PRIVO directly at email@example.com.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at:
Clear Cypher LLC.
4 Stone Hill rd.
Marlborough, MA 01752
You may also telephone us at 1-866-646-8881 (If you are not 18 years of age or older, you must have your parent or legal guardian's permission)